Friday, July 20, 2007

Idea on how to pray

Yesterday I was in a small prayer meeting where I was inspired to begin praying again. The speaker said that Prayer gives us power.

Without prayer I sensed that I become mediocre and marginal and uncertain and definitely a deteriorating Christian. Even in my business I sensed that regular prayer resulted in success and the lack of it in failure.

Many seem to know and acknowledge the importance of Prayer, even non-Christians seem to, but sadly it also seems to be a tedious, boring and mundane job.

We cannot do away with prayer nor can we expect for someone else to do ours always, so its best in our interest to discipline ourselves and begin to hit the knees :)


I made a brief plan on how to pray. I demarcated my needs:


Physical
Spiritual
Mental
Financial
Marital
Social
Prayer
Biblical
Humanity


one can also jot down various aspects that he wants to cover under each category. I think this way it allows you some free space when you begin to pray so that you don't need to think on your knees :) but keep praying..:)



I hope this blog generates ideas and inspiration to pray.



Humbly,
In Christ
Aurun

No comments: